Ok, here we go. This is the first installment of a 4 month goal to reveal to my readers the whole truth and nothing but the truth about my diet and exercise endeavors. It will be probably the most personal part of my blog which is about losing weight and sharing the tips and tricks that work for me with you, the viewer. There are a few things I want to inform you of before I dive in because I think it is necessary to explain:
1. I tallied my goal weight and how many calories I’ve been eating to make me gain weight, blah-blah-blah, and the total amount of daily calories that I want to aim for daily is: 1350
2. I am 5′ 2.5″, and want to weigh 115 lbs. I would like to have a BMI of 20%.
3. I don’t like vegetables a lot. I like some of them, but I have to eat them with some type of fat: olive oil, dressing, vinaigrette, butter, etc. to swallow them. Therefore, I will need to improve on this area as I go along. Fortunately, there are studies that claim eating veggies with fat is better anyway because it helps the body to absorb the nutrients in them. So HA!
4. I am trying to eat up the contents of my freezer and refrigerator since it has been packed to the nines with stuff. I don’t like waste, and most of the food is healthy, I just need to eat it or it will spoil or freezer burn, which in my book is just as bad. Therefore, although I am following a diet plan from a book I have, I am modifying it to accommodate those foods until they are eaten up.
5. I got a lot of “treats” as gifts for Christmas and my birthday (Jan. 5th) and those will appear for a while until they are gone. Yes, I know eating “treats” on a diet or weight-loss plan is a bad idea. Again, I don’t like waste and I do like treats no matter what my weight is.
6. My heart rate monitor that tells me my caloric burn is broken (battery, I think, needs replacement) and I have NO IDEA how many calories I am burning for my workouts. The numbers are guestimates based on former workout sessions where I wore it and took note.
Note: I started this on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013 and this post will only list 2 days of the log since it was not begun earlier in the week. The following posts will include full weeks going from Saturday to Friday of each week. These will be LONG posts.
Current Weight: 143
Measurements: Bicep (unflexed) 12.5 inch; Bust 35 1/4 inch; Waist 33 inch; Hips 40.5 inch; Thigh 24 1/4 inch
Breakfast: 1 cup Special K Cereal, 1/3 cup Milk, Coffee with 2 Tbsp Milk, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 1 small Tangerine
Lunch: Sprouted Grain Wrap, 2 .5 oz. Broiled Chicken Tenders (no skin), 2 Tbsp Bean Dip, Pickled Jalapeños, small Tomato, Lettuce, Cilantro, 1/4 Avocado and Hot Sauce
Snack: 2 Tbsp Raw Almonds, Dried Peach, 1.5 cups raw carrots and celery, 1 small chocolate
Dinner: 1/3 package of Trader Joe’s Vera Cruz Fish, 1.5 cups Brown Rice w/ 1 pat Whipped Butter, 4 oz. Red Wine
Snack: Baked Corn Tortilla Chips (homemade from 3 Tortillas), 1/2 cup Salsa, Tea w/ Tbsp Milk
Workout & Extras: Denise Austin DVD (250 cals) & Cleaned House for 2.5 hours (100 cals)
Total Calories: (Food) 1565 – (Exercise & Extras) 350 = 1215
Breakfast: Omelet w/ Roasted Pork, 1/4 oz. Asiago Cheese, Sourdough Toast, Coffee w/ 2 Tbsp Milk
Snack: Coffee w/ 2 Tbsp Milk, 1/4 cup Roasted Garbanzo Beans, 1 small Chocolate
Lunch: 2 Wahoo Grilled Tacos from Baja Fresh, 1 small Tangerine
Snack: Dried Peaches, 2 Tbsp Raw Almonds
Dinner: 1/3 package of Vera Cruz Fish, 1 cup Brown & Basmati Rice, 1/2 cup Sauteed Swiss Chard w/ Garlic, Balsamic Vinegar & 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Dessert: 2 Chocolate Covered Marshmallows, Tea w/ 2 Tbsp Milk
Workout & Extras: Speed Walking (Week 1) on a Trail & Pilates Ab Routine (300 cals), Walked at the Los Angeles Arborateum 2 hours (150 cals)
Total Calories: (Food) 1780 – (Exercise & Extras) 450 = 1330