Think It Through Thursday: Reward Yourself!
Yeah, I believe in giving yourself a small reward each time you accomplish a weight-loss goal. This type of strategy makes me very happy, as in, it gives me something to look forward to. My personal reward system is for every 5 pound loss. If I don’t lose the 5 pounds, NO REWARD -BOO! It’s not that I’m losing the weight for the rewards, it’s to give me some momentum to not give up. Giving up is a daily struggle. Having a little push to get me through makes all the difference.
Here are some ideas that you can reward yourself with:
- Hairstyle Makeover/Cut, Color, Highlights, etc.
- New Workout Clothes
- New Workout Shoes
- New Workout Equipment
- New Workout DVD (P90-X for my 10 pound loss!)
- Yoga Classes (at that Chi-Chi place)
- New Healthy Cookbook
- Music on iTunes
- Magazine Subscription
- New Kitchen Gadgets
- Spa Appointment
- Scented Body Lotions and Body Washes
- Deluxe Car Wash/Detail
- Books on Amazon
- DVDs on Amazon
- Shopping Spree at a Thrift Shop
- Going to the Beach
- Day Trip
- Subscribe to a Fitness Site
- Go to the Movies
- Get a New Flavored Tea/Coffee
- Estate/Garage Sale-ing (buying things)
- Go See a Play/Musical/Opera
- Day at a Theme Park/Botanic Garden/Historical Site (bring your own food!)
- Splurge Shop at Whole Foods/Trader Joe’s/Health Food Store
- Buy Supplements
- Buy a New Plant for the Yard
- Get Your House Cleaned by a Service
- Get Your Carpets Cleaned by a Service
Can you think of any others?